Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Let Me Guess. Another Spiritual Blog.

The problem with someone like me creating a blog, is that every so often it feels like I need to create a new one with a new title. When I journeyed into Judaism, I created a new blog. It was a Hebrew translation of "My Journey" (המסע שלי). Later, when I got into Druidry and Paganism, I created two. One called "The Four Realms" and another called "Post Your Altar." The past few years, I've been really involved with the Ramakrishna movement in Hinduism. So I created a blog with the name taking from a saying of his, "Eat the Mangoes." There were others, but I forgot their names.

Now that I'm am reintroducing my Pagan side back into my spirituality, I thought about resuming "The Four Realms." Or starting a new one. Some titles that I came up with were taken. But then I came up with one that wasn't. "Whispers and Wondering." But I got tired of that.

Tonight, I tried to think of something basic and big. Came up with "The Sacred Universe." But it seemed a little cold. Then I thought of the phrase "All Is Brahman." It's nice that it comes from my Hindu side. But I think it's general enough to encompass all my beliefs. And hopefully all my future ones.

What instigated my reaching back to my Pagan side? Well, as usual, it started near the beginning of February. Just like my other forays, spiritual or otherwise. In truth, I think it started earlier. On January 15, at the end of a bad flu spell, I wrote about these wonderful January/February times of change in my journal. And I think this sentiment was brought about by a preview of Spring via a few days of unseasonably warm weather and great Spring smells.

Then, a week or so, I started on a new novel (again.) In it, there is character who is a young woman who had been raised by a Italian witch, and just happens to be good at battling minor demons. And, she eventually teaches a new Pope how to reclaim his buried power in order to prepare the world for a worldwide demonic invasion. And I also knew I wanted to introduce other holy people and magic-users from other cultures. So I Googled "shaman evil spirits."

And, as many times before, this online search lead to a crazy time of discovery. I read some stuff about Shamanism. Watched a great video about some guy's experience with a shamanistic and psychedelic drug. Started to look into other metaphysical stuff. Subscribed to listened to some metaphysical podcasts. Then re-entered the whole Druidry, Pagain, Wicca world. And I started reconstructing my own version of the Solar Cross / Medicine Wheel, with the meanings, colors, elements in the paces I see fit. I'm also reading this great book about the escstatic and spiritual experiences that many people have had. And relished a new Krishna Das CD!

Why is this happening? A bit of nostalgia, of course. But some other things else as well. I discovered that the earth and natural side of my spirituality had been being neglected. I also decided there is a lot of stuff that I've always ignored that I should now pay attention to. Sure, some of these people may be a little (or a lot) crazy and delusional. But there's something there to learn. Also, I decided to be a bit more proactive in my mystical search. Not just sit back and wait for things to happen. Get a bit active. Get a bit adventurous. And get a bit magical. Reach out to a spirit guide. But at the same time, don't expect anything. Just look, search, listen, look and search. Seek ye first, you know.

And the best thing, is it's brought me some peace. Especially after a bit of depression during the holidays. The usual stuff, getting older, worried there isn't a God or afterlife, afraid some harm may come to my loved ones or me. But hopefully, doing some more open-minded searching is going to give me some necessary revelations.

I mean, come on. So many people believe in some kind of spiritual dimension. And many claim to have had contact with it. Are they ALL crazy? And what materialistic purpose does things like sentience, love, wonder   and a search for the divine serve? If humans are just complex systems of matter, why do they worry so much about their purpose and mortality?

Well, we'll see where this goes, won't we.

No comments:

Post a Comment